Tuesday, December 4, 2012

And then there was him...

Have you ever met someone that changed everything for u? Made u rethink everyone in ur past and question why did u ever waste time?? See for me, that was him. He wasn't my boyfriend. He was simply my friend. He was someone I could talk to for hours... about nothing.. about everything. about anything that bothered me or didn't.... I could text him the dumbest thing and he would laugh with me... Sometimes at me.. but mostly with me. With him I was comfortable in my skin. I could wear my hair up or down... He didn't care ...jordans or pumps... whatever I was ok with he was ok with... He intrigued me.. I enjoyed hearing his life stories... I enjoyed hearing his about his past... his goals... his life. What motivated him ... the things he hated... the things/people he loved. I enjoyed him. I had never had this before. I had never actually enjoyed a person like this before. I didn't have anyone who took interest in listening to me talk. We spent time. He was different than others but I couldn't figure out what exactly drew me to him. I found myself planning things with him... just to see him smile or learn his perspective. I wanted to experience things with him. Of course sexual attraction was strong but it wasn't the sex that I wanted from him. I just wanted his friendship... Try new things with him... Just things that I had never done before. I wanted more time with him and see/learn him more. In our short time together, I learned so much and I just wanted to the option to learn more... experience more... But unfortunately, life sometimes places u in positions where u have to let go of things not because u want to but because u have to ... and for me... he was one of those "things"... Life situations intecerpeted our friendship... if it had the potential to be more I cannot exactly say. But I know I enjoyed my friend. His company. I never had a friend like him before and because he was so different for me I doubt I  will find another. The crazy thing about our friendship is, it set a standard for men I hope to date... I find myself now,  where speaking with men, I look for interactions like the ones I had with my friend... communications like what we shared..experiences to what we had... the ability to be me without reservation...to look forward to seeing someone like I looked forward to seeing him.... Someone who can be my friend before we are anything else....

B.Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment