Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm Just Me

Originally written: Feb. 2, 2009

Someone asked me... Who do I think I am... To describe myself....

At the time this question was asked... words couldnt leave my mouth... I didnt know what to say... I dont know how to answer. Who do I think I am..... But as time passed this is what I came up with...

I dont think Im better then you... but I do know I love me more then

you...
I dont think I am the prettiest in the world but I know Im not ugly
I dont think I am the best at everything... but I know what I do try I do my best
I dont think I am the best mother in the world, but I know I try to be...
I dont think Im "this official ass bitch" but Im know Im a bitch when Im hurt
I dont think im the best dressed female but I like what I wear
I dont think I have to step on you to make myself feel better
I dont think Im as dumb as some may think I am...
I wear my heart on my sleeve and I hurt myself to spare others pain.
But when I got to the point where I couldnt take it no more... I decided to look out for self and my children. So you can call me selfish and stingy, you can call me all the bitches in the book. You can call me whatever you like... but at the end of the day when this is all said and done, when I look into the mirror, I no longer see the person with tears and pain, I see a person who decided to stand up and say Im not taking this shit no more, my happiness comes first and for once I am happy. Sadly, my happiness hurt you. So whats sadder, your hurting because Im happy or my happiness not including you because Im finally on the road to where I want to be going.... Got to the fork in the road and decided to go straight....
I love you but I love me more so I finally chose me....

No comments:

Post a Comment