Friday, November 9, 2012

Unprotected Sex... 9 years old.... SHIT!

Driving home... turning into our apartment complex my 9 year old blurts out the most random question ever "Mom, do girls get pregnant young because their parents' do not love them??" Immediately, a million thoughts flood my mind... I was in 10th grade when I got pregnant with her.. Did my parents not love me?? Has she some how realized that babies do not get dropped off by the stork and that a female is actually impregnated by a man that is usually not her husband ...I have stressed the unlikely argument of no children without marriage...  (wait until ur 40 I won't ask for grand children I promise) ... Has she someone how correlated teenage pregnancy to low self esteem or misguidance or lack of love... Teenage pregnancy is as a common as a cold these days so I guess if u see it often u would become curious to know why is this happening.. **takes deep breathe**  WHY DID U ASK ME THIS SO RANDOMLY GIRL I AM NOT PREPARED!!! Google is not within arms reach...I cannot call my dad and ask him for the correct parent way to answer this question... I simply have to figure this out on my own.. wing it almost... I think for a second and somehow it just came out ... "no it doesn't mean her parents did not love her... it simply means she made a decision to have unprotected sex and pregnancy was the result"... She is silent... I am silent. I just said unprotected sex to my 9 year old... Does she know what unprotected sex is... Does she know what sex is... Jesus. Sex talks are something I still have issues talking about with my friends..I turn beet red from shyness and smile with awkwardness.... How do I talk to my 9 year old about it... She didn't ask another question.. Maybe she sensed my awkwardness... She changed the subject... "I want to try new hairstyles, I am tired of braids..." I smiled... but I know I cannot avoid this topic forever... Soon I will have to have this talk.. Soon I will have to explain to her the details on her being my teenage pregnancy and how I pray she just does not do what I did... I have no idea how to talk about this. What do I say? My mom didn't have this talk with me... she had no talks with me.... Do I wait until she ask another sexually related question or is this my time to realize hey she is curious... stop the curiosity before it goes too far... I'll just wait until she comes home on Sunday..  that gives me some time to prepare for this talk.. Research... Think of any possible questions she can come up with... I am not ready for this... 9 years already.. Swear I just was potty training her.. now we have training bras and sex talk. Jesus give me strength, guidance and wisdom to guide this girl down the right path. Wish me luck guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment